The main aim of palliative care is to improve a person’s quality of life through careful management of symptoms. At The Cottage Nursing home in Northampton, our highly trained nurses areexperienced in caring for residents with a range of complex conditions and needs and focus on carefully designed care plans for each individual in our Northampton care home.
Our palliative care plans:
- Manage pain and symptoms of chronic illnesses to improve comfort, mental wellbeing and quality of life.
- Involve care provided by a team consisting of trained nurses that work closely with local hospitals and GP surgeries.
- Guide families and care receivers that are faced with difficult and intimidating decisions regarding how best to proceed with an individual’s care.
Those receiving palliative care at our Northampton care home benefit from:
- Guidance and support when dealing with the healthcare system.
- Support in managing your own individual healthcare needs.
- Management of pain and symptoms in a comfortable environment while doctors are able to focus on treatment.
- Social and emotional care and support from fellow residents at The Cottage Nursing Home.
- Retaining as many elements of your independent life as possible in a care home that enables you to take part in regular activities and social interactions.
Palliative Care at The Cottage Nursing Home
Upon commencing care at The Cottage Nursing Home, we will begin with a consultation. We welcome family and friends to come along so that everyone involved is comfortable in the situation and reassured that you will receive the care you need. For palliative care consultations, we will also arrange for a palliative care physician or a nurse to be present, so that we can fully understand your medical requirements.
Throughout the whole process, our nurses and counsellors are there to offer support and guidance to enable you to make an informed decision. We will also go over any additional needs you may have for a comfortable living environment in your private room, such as alternative furnishings.
With expertly trained nurses and care givers we are equipped to provide care for a wide range of life long conditions, including Huntington’s Disease, Multiple Sclerosis, Muscular Dystrophy, Parkinson’s Disease, Spina Bifida, Stroke Recovery and more. Our palliative care takes all of our resident’s needs into considerationand our expertly designed palliative care plans are adjusted accordingly.