Wellbeing Support Services provide supported living service to individuals that live in their own home. It’s all about treating each and every resident as an individual. By understanding the needs, preserving dignity and respecting the independence, we help to create a real sense of home.
Our mission at Wellbeing Support Services is that people with learning disabilities should have control over the support they receive; choose who they live with and how they live their lives. We at Wellbeing Support Services believe that all people with learning disabilities, regardless of the level or type of disability, should be able to make choices about how to live their lives even if the person does not make choices in conventional ways.
At Wellbeing Support Services we aim to adhere to the Reach Standards in Supported Living. The 9 standards are:
- I choose who I live with
- I choose where I live
- I choose who supports me
- I choose how I am supported
- I choose what happens in my own home
- I have my own home
- I make friendships and relationships with people on my terms
- I am supported to be healthy and safe on my terms
- I have the same rights and responsibilities as other citizens
Wellbeing Support ServicesAt Wellbeing Support Services we ensure that each supported living service is tailor-made to the individual. It is designed to give each person the maximum amount of independence and choice within their home; to provide as many opportunities to learn and to develop as possible, allowing them their individuality, privacy and dignity in their own space.
With a team of highly qualified, trained and dedicated staff we aim to offer professional and dignified care to our residents tailored to their individual needs. Passionate, skilled and approachable, they’re respected not only by our residents but also by families and medical professionals.
CALL US NOW FOR A FRIENDLY CHAT
Tel: 01502 44 66 00
Address: 45 Cotmer Road, Oulton Broad, Lowestoft, Suffolk NR33 9PL
Positive About Disabled People
Wellbeing Care is a proud member of the Disability Confident scheme.
The Disability Confident scheme run by government aims to help employers make the most of the opportunities provided by employing disabled people. It is voluntary and has been developed by employers and disabled people’s representatives.
Aims and Objectives
Through Disability Confident, we are working with employers to:
- Challenge attitudes towards disability
- Increase understanding of disability
- Remove barriers to disabled people and those with long term health conditions in employment
- Ensure that disabled people have the opportunities to fulfil their potential and realise their aspirations
Finding the best people is essential for any organisation. Over 7 million people (17.5%) of working age in the UK are disabled or have a health condition.
By recruiting and retaining disabled people and people with health conditions for their skills and talent it helps us discover someone the business just can’t do without. It can benefit our business by:
- Enabling us to draw from the widest possible pool of talent
- Enabling us to secure high quality staff who are skilled, loyal and hard working
- Saving time and money on the costs of recruitment and training by reducing staff turnover
- Helping us keep valuable skills and experience
- Reducing the levels and costs of sickness absences
- Improving employee morale and commitment by demonstrating that we treat all employees fairly.
By building a reputation as a Disability Confident employer that actively seeks out and hires skilled disabled people, we will be helping to positively change attitudes, behaviours and cultures, not just in our immediate business but in our networks, supply chains, and the communities around us.
Our staff are what makes our service what it us. Our staff receive regular training and appraisals, and in line with government legislation. It is compulsory for all staff to undergo checks via government agency known as Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) formerly known as Criminal Records Bureau (CRB). They’ve been chosen just as much for their caring and compassionate natures as for their qualifications and experience. Every member of staff is given full training to ensure that they shine through the service.
We are proud of our excellent staff, who strive to work with a professional and friendly approach, accommodating tenants requests and looking after their needs. All staff are hand-picked for their experience, qualifications, and above all, their own, individual skills.